Consults at Bluff Road Psychology on Tuesday
Sally Currie is an AHPRA registered and endorsed Clinical Psychologist with over 10 years’ experience in the private and public sectors. She has a particular interest in psychological trauma. Sally has experience working in a speciality service at a major public hospital with adults presenting with psychological injuries resulting from workplace and motor vehicle trauma. Sally’s therapeutic approach is warm, collaborative and supportive. She recognises that people come to therapy with an existing skillset and understanding of their problems. She aims to help her clients develop a deeper awareness of factors contributing to their issues and expand their repertoire of coping skills in order for them to engage in life meaningfully.
Sally draws upon a range of therapeutic approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), Prolonged Exposure (PE), Schema Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
Sally is an AHPRA board-approved supervisor and Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS).
Sally sees adult clients, aged 18 years and over, and has expertise assisting individuals with:
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) / trauma
• Anxiety (including: generalised anxiety, panic, phobias)
• Depression and mood problems
• Insomnia / sleep disturbance
• Stress management and adjustment issues
• Coping with health problems e.g. pain, cancer diagnosis, chronic illness
• Communication skills, self-esteem problems